Senior Downsizing & Transition
Moving from your well-loved home can evoke feelings of loss, confusion and sadness, whether it be downsizing to a smaller home or to an assisted-living residence.
We understand and will work with the homeowner and family with compassion and care, to make this transition as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- Determining new square footage capacity
- Assisting in determining what will be moved
- Assisting with donations
- Assisting with and booking temporary storage
- Organizing items to be passed on to loved ones
- Packing household items
- Booking and Managing Antique/Collectible Dealers & Content Agents
- Booking and managing moving companies
- Booking and managing any required services such as; junk removal, handyman, carpet cleaner, window cleaner, painter, etc.
- De-cluttering and purging
- Staging with existing furnishings and items
- Donation Runs
- On-site supervision on day of move
- Post-move tidy up and ensure nothing has been forgotten
“The homeowner had a major stress removed.”
“HouseLife is efficient, quick to respond and will customize as needed. One client, facing physical challenges, needed help. HouseLife, working to a tight timeline, brought in one of their HouseLife Select Service Providers to complete a thorough pre-showing clean. My client was thrilled! After the sale, HouseLife returned to determine the seller’s needs. In short HouseLife had closets packed with items to be donated. The homeowner had a major stress removed. I would recommend HouseLife and I will be working with them again.”
Frances Z., Realtor, Toronto